Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Bon anniversaire!

Bon anniversaire, Gelukkige Verjaarsdag, Shēng rì kuaì lè, Hauoli la hanau, Buon compleanno, Otanjoubi omedetou, Saeng il Chuk ha hae, Boenos Anos, Gratulerer med dagen, Selamat Ulang Tahun, Happy Birthday!

yep...today is my birthday. I'm definetely getting older and....wiser? lol..i think i'm still far away from getting wiser. It's still in the process heheheeh....anyway....boy, oh boy, life sure passes you by so fast without you even realizing it. The next thing you know....boom, you'll hit 30. Yeah I know....it's still 7 more years ahead but as I said before, time moves fast....and you won't really notice it until it hits you and then you start wondering about your life, what you have accomplished till that point in your life. For me, it's all seems so blurry. I don't remember that well what happened when I was still a baby. All I know is that I grew up, we moved to our new home when I was around 6 years old. I also had a younger sister at that time. We went to States for vacation when I was around 10. I can't really remember all, but I know we went to disneyland, vegas, san francisco and hawaii...it was a fun one....After that it's all so straight forward, went to school....and just like that....didn't do anything wow at that time...just school, school stuff, and more school stuff, and some private lessons outside school. Nothing grand at all. Then after high school, I went to Seattle to continue my school. I got accepted into UW with 2 other friends of mine (interestingly enough...three of us were from the same high school and same class but we didn't know that we applied to UW until later). At first, I thought 4 years were going to be long but when I hit my senior year and graduation day kept getting closer and closer, I was thinking "wow....time flew by so fast... Can't believe that it's been 4 years ago when I arrived here and I can still clearly picture myself during freshman year. It all seems like yesterday for me and now I have to step into a new part of my life, the real world." I didn't say that I didn't life in real world but it's just that when you were still in college, your focus was to study hard and get good grades in hopes that you can get a good job when you graduate. But after you graduate, you are faced with new things. Some expectation to be met, some responsibilities that you have to take and all other things.

Some ups and downs during 22 years of my life and I don't know how my life will turn out. But in this new chapter of my life, I hope that I can be wise enough to choose my own path and be happy with that. Granted there will be some rocky roads and intersections ahead of me....but I hope that God gives me the strength to overcome all the rocks and help me choose the right paths. Life has been good, is good and will always be good. So in this happy day, I want to wish a Happy Birthday to myself....All the best for me and may all my wishes come true :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

selamat ulang tahun
kami ucapkan ...
selamat panjang umur
kita kan doakan ...

ok, that's as far as I remember, if I even remember the words to that song correctly :p

selamat ulang tahun!

this is the day to celebrate the years that have passed and the years to come :)
may God continue to watch over you and walk with you in your journey in life.
smile always ^-^ this is a great day to be happy with what you have accomplished. you certainly deserve to sit back and enjoy your day!

laura tj said...

lho, ultah ya? happy belated birthdayyy! all the best ya jen!