Tuesday, April 11, 2006

forgetting the past

So, in the end, I decided to try to say hi to my ex again. I just want to see how his reaction is towards me and from the reply; I can see that he’s still mad/angry/pissed with me. I already put my cards on the table and whether he accepted it or not, it’s up to him to decide. Oh well… at least I tried and I’m kind of glad that I did it just because I’m a bit curious how his feelings are toward me after we ended our winter/spring fling. To tell you the truth, I should’ve listened to my inner voice back then. There’s a certain part of my heart/brain that told me that we weren’t compatible enough to make it last. I should’ve stayed away from him/not going any further with the relationship. But the choices were already being made and I had to stick with my decisions even though it was a bad one. At least I hope that I can learn from my mistake and not making it again the second time.

Here’s what I wrote to him:
“hello ....how are you doing these days? Even though we already broke up, and i know it's not easy to become friends again like we used to be, I just want to say hi to you. Have a great day.”


Nothing personal in the message, just saying hi to him and whether there’s any small possibility of becoming friends again or not.

Well judging from his reply to me, I guess not:
“I know it probably took some courage to send me a message, so I will at least reply to this message. I am sorry to say this, but I don't think I can be friends with you like we used to be. There are just too many things that happened in the past for me to forget.Move on and enjoy your life, and please don't contact me again.”


Interesting isn’t it… I have to say that the reply isn’t really “soft”, it’s pretty straightforward and to the point that it’s quite mean and inconsiderate. I guess break up can change people. If you know him, you probably won’t know that he can utter such words to others. He is honest that’s for sure…or crude? I don’t know and I don’t really care either. Another words that he wrote also saying that he still can’t forget what happened in the past that made him very disappointed and pissing him off, and that holds him back from maintaining any sort of relationship with me again, be it friend or more. Apparently he wants to forget about the past and probably in his opinion, by not contacting me is the fastest way to forget. I do agree with him on looking forward but on trying to forget about the past and not looking back? I don’t think I agree wholeheartedly with that. There will be a time where you have to pause and take a look back before you make choices/decisions. We definitely don’t want to repeat our own mistakes again, right? And the only way to do it may require us to step back and take a look at what we’ve done in the past.

No comments: