Monday, July 31, 2006

memorable and fun quotes from 6 feet under

Tracy Montrose Blair: Why do people have to die?
Nate: To make life important. None of us know how long we've got. Which is why we have to make each day matter.

Ruth: David, are you bringing a special friend to dinner?
David: Why are my friends always special?
Ruth: Okay, then, is the man your having sex with coming to dinner?

Officer Keith Charles: Most guys I meet, they kinda just want me to be one thing.
Claire: What? Like, big black sex cop?

David: I have to get control of myself.
Claire: No, David, if you were any more controlled, you'd be a sculpture. You know what? Last night I had a humiliating homosexual experience of my own.
David: Seriously? What happened?
Claire: Not much. I never even went down on her.
David: You can stop there.

Claire: Great. So I get nothing.
Ruth: You get an education, something not all people are privileged to.
Claire: Well, what if I don't want to go to college?
Reader of the Will: College is a necessity in life not only to excel in learning, but to survive. Claire: Spare me the tough-love rationalization, just bottom-line it, please.
Reader of the Will: If you choose not to go to college, the money will be available to you when you're 25.
Claire: It's like blackmail from beyond the grave.

Claire: I know stealing a foot is weird. But, hello, living in a house where a foot is available to be stolen is weird.

Brenda: You know what I find interesting? If you lose a spouse, you're called a widow, or a widower. If you're a child and you lose your parents, then you're an orphan. But what's the word to describe a parent who loses a child? I guess that's just too fucking awful to even have a name.

David: You can't ever really know a person and if you think you can, you're living in a dream world.

Ruth: [to Claire who's feeling sad for her break-up from Russell] I guess we all want to be loved. It's hard to say no to that, no matter who it's coming from.

Olivier Castro-Staal: [to Claire on her new-found love with Russell] If you get lonely, have sex. But if you think you meet someone who really wants something from you? You're doomed.

Officer Keith Charles: [talking to David about marriage] You're in my will, I'm in yours. We basically are married, even if the law refuses to recognize it. But then again, I refuse to recognize most of the Bush Administration. I guess it all evens out.

Claire: I wish I was gay.
David: Ohh, no.
Claire: Well, then I wouldn't have to deal with unfamiliar sex organs!
David: They're all unfamiliar unless they're yours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love six feet under =) i think the characters are brilliant.