Friday, June 01, 2007

the series of unfortunate events

I think i can be a part of Lemony Snicket's book. Last Sunday it was raining pretty hard in the morning. As I was walking down the hill to go to church, my right leg apparently has a mind of her own. It slipped! Tried to catch my balance but to no avail. So i fell down. hard. I hit and scrapped my right kneecap. I thought for a moment it was going to be ok but as I looked down, blood was pouring out. Luckily i had a tissue paper with me that day. Tried to dry it out but it's just keep coming. In the end I had to go home. Can't really sit inside the church with bloody leg can you? Thank goodness it was memorial day weekend so I got monday off to relax my right leg. kneecap was swollen and painful but it's not as bad as Tuesday. getting in and out of car was a challenge but never knew that it was going to be that bad. walking was painful. sitting down was painful. even getting up from a chair was also painful. Couldn't really bend my knee. stairs was my enemy. by 9 am i was so thinking of going home and just resting my knee. i was limping and one of my coworker asked me what happened. So i told him and he offered me painkillers which I took instantly. I might have taken too much because by mid-day, I felt good. leg didn't bother me at all and i can walk like normal. Basically this week has been associated with pain. it's getting better now. can almost walk normally and not as swollen as before. but this is going to be another week before the bruise is completely gone and the wound is fully dry and turns into a big scab.

on another note...i just cut my finger today when I tried to trim some papers. later on i got another paper cut. What an accident prone I am.....one thing after another.

3 comments:

oTTeR said...

so so sorry to hear about your unfortunate events :(
how are you? hope that you were able to rest well this weekend. you're amazing, going to work with that much pain! so dedicated :)
take care and I hope your injuries heal soon!!!

cimong said...

jen since when u are becoming me? haha jk hope ur knee is fine by now

laura tj said...

feel sorry for you :(
anyhow, gw pernah ntn konser sendirian, tp yg nontonnya duduk & it was john mayer. well.. it's ok, tp kynya lbh enak klo sama temen sih, jd ada temen jingkrak2nya (ato klo konser yg santai, ya ada temen buat berdendang bersama) hehehe.. klo mika ke sana ntn jen, orgnya lucu gt, full of energy. cepet sembuh ya!