Wednesday, November 29, 2006

british invasion

Again, it all started with grey's anatomy. I checked couple artists from their soundtracks and found what I like. So I downloaded couple albums from bands like Snow Patrol, The Dears, Jem, Rufus and martha Wainwright, Joe purdy, KT Tunstall, Damien Rice to every single songs featured from season 1 to season 2. while downloading songs, i noticed that most of the bands are british/irish. so i guess i'm in the mood for those mellow songs at the moment. Here is the video of "set the fire to the third bar" from Snow Patrol and Martha wainwright. one of my fave songs ("it's fan-bloody-tastic!")

also different videos from jem , a Welsh songstress. it's called "they"

and an unplugged version of "flying high", featuring in grey's anatomy season 2 ep 20-band aid covers the bullet hole.
She sounds just as wonderful (if not better) live as she does on her CD! It's exactly the same as on her album. what a great performance and voice.

well this isn't my first time posting stuff about music from grey's and not going to be my last i think :) there's so many good music from that series :p

3 comments:

oTTeR said...

set the fire to the third bar is a really mesmerizing song, isn't it? :) the duet is just out of this world! only the two of them can do it though...their voices complement each other. never heard anything like it ever. thanks for posting the vclip!!! :)
is this in the grey's soundtrack as well?

ferrr said...

nope, it's not from grey's. maybe i should've made it clear :p snow patrol is one of the band featured in grey's and since i like set the fire (and it's also from SP), i posted the vclip :)

oTTeR said...

hahaha... you didn't have to explain. I know SP is the band featured in grey's. I've always liked set the fire. glad that they have a vclip of it :) it's about time!
the reason I asked was because I don't remember it being in grey's, but I might have missed it. thanks for the clarification. hehehe