Monday, January 23, 2006

a goodbye letter for a ghost

Dear You,

Thank you for all the things that you've showed me. It was all beautiful and nice at first. But after getting to know you more and more, I am grateful that you are now a person in the past, a ghost, a shadow. I'm tired of being what you want me to be. Feeling so faithless lost under the surface and I don't know what you're expecting of me, you put me under the pressure of walking in your shoes. It seems that every step that I take is another mistake to you. I've become so numb I can't feel you there. I've become so tired so much more aware. All I want to do is be more like me and be less like you. Can't you see that you're smothering me, holding too tightly afraid to lose control? Cause everything that you thought I would be has fallen apart right in front of you. And I know, I may end up failing too but I know you were just like me with someone disappointed in you. I'm just too damn tired of being what you want me to be. You accused me of something that I didn't do and not even had my mind on that. I was hurt and sick of you. I hope you can find someone that can stand all your whims, selfishness, and your jealousy.

Truthfully I'm still checking on how you are doing these days. But it seems that you are doing great out there by yourself. Still trying to find the better someone. So I am happy for you....I used to hate you for what you've done to me. If that's what you still think until now, what can i say....be that way. You have your own reason to say that. What I want to say right now is that I forgive you. I know we can't be friends anymore and I am sad to lose one of my good friend. If i knew this would happen, I'd prefer us just being a friend.

So from now on, just be a ghost, a shadow, a past. I don't regret my decision to let you go. Even if we meet again somewhere, I won't say sorry. I don't do something wrong that you've accused me for.

Good Bye.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haunting... thoughtful...
it's about letting go, isn't it?
something we have to do at one point or another in our journey in life.
:)

ferrr said...

yup agree on that :) we can't let our past haunt us :p be strong!