Thursday, January 19, 2006

the pain of waking up at 4 am

It's been 4 days since I have to work at 5:30 am...yeah 5:30 am! since I don't drive, most of the time I take bus or get a ride with my roommate. For this couple days, as I need to time those people on the assembly line, I have to be there before they start (6 am). So, I checked on the website for my bus schedule and I found out that the earliest bus leaves at 4:56 am and the next one is 5:23 am. Since I don't want to take the chance of being late, I take the earliest one....Let me tell you....getting up at 4 am is really a pain in the #$%. There're couple days when I feel like I want to call in sick and just continue with my deep slumber....but so far, I'm still waking up at 4:05 am. Not bad for a night owl like me...yeah....I used to be a night owl....won't go to bed before 12 am. That was during my school year though.....so sad....My ex-roommate when she knew I have to sleep around 9:30-10 pm, she was laughing and teasing me about my old habit. Oh well....we have to change if the situation calls for it :)

After 4 days, it's not really that bad. The hardest time is around 7-9 am before break because during that time, I've counted myself almost falling asleep while taking the data. The nicest part about working early is that I can go home early :) Usually I go home around 2:15 pm and get home around 3:30 pm....which is really nice. But I don't think I want to wake up this early again...no thanks...4 times are enough for me... Oh for people living in seattle area, this website is pretty useful. I check that website for information regarding what bus to take and also the bus schedule. 3 more hours to go before i go home.....blah still a long time to go :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ciayo! :)

not waking up at 4am today, right?
that's great that you were able to do what you have to do to get your job done. even if that includes going against your routine. shows your dedication and responsibility. good for you!

hey, was just wondering. I think I wrote you a comment the other day on your immortality post. did you get it? I wrote a pretty long comment. hehehe... if you didn't get it, that's all right ;) wonder what happened...